Monday, August 22, 2005

Flashback

Last night, I witnessed one of the greatest flashback moments of all time. I was sitting in BW3s, watching (much to my embarrassment and chagrin) WWE Summer Slam. Although it was painful for most of the 2 hours I was there, I was rewarded with two very exciting occurrences. First, The Undertaker is still wrestling. He lost, but it was definitely a blast from the past. But, more importantly, the last twenty-six minutes were filled with bone chilling excitement....

The man himself, the man in red and yellow, came out of retirement for one last match. That's right, I watched Hulk Hogan wrestle in a post-retirement, result of trash-talking and former tag-team partner revenge, match. He wore the red and yellow feather boas, the tie-dyed red and yellow tights, AND the much loved Hulkamania bandana. In spite of the unbelievably bad acting, I was deeply enthralled. I watched that fight during all 26 teeth-gnashing, bone-clenching, white-knuckle minutes and it was fan-freakin'-tastic. I then called all my friends and relatives to tell them about it. Ok, not all of them, but everyone that I thought would be remotely amused by the event. I'm still reeling from the excitement of it all :).

No comments: