Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Day late, dollar short

I haven't blogged in forever. And yes, quite a bit has happened. But I said to myself, "pheebee, does anyone even read?"

And then I started getting scolded over and over and over again. So, here I am, updating you!

First, let's start with the Titan. It's just as good as any place to start. As it turns out, my tolerance for pretty without substance has gotten longer, but only slightly. Rather than three months, he made it about 4.5. The week before it was over, I talked to him on the phone. It was a Saturday. All day Friday, I hyped myself up to end it. I totally declared it to about 3 different people. Then, when I spoke to him, I punked out. I know, shame on me, right? Instead, exploited a comment that he made (about how I needed to show up in the relationship. Excuse me? He hadn't seen me in 3 weeks at this point, and I needed to show up? Pah!) Anyway, I suggested that maybe we should take a break. He got all puppy dog big eyed on me (yes on the phone, you know the whimpering whiny voice), and convinced me to "have a talk" before taking a break. His reason? He didn't want to get used to not having me around. (Pah!)

Ok, so I tell him I'm going to call him on Sunday for aforementioned talk. And he doesn't answer. He doesn't answer for the entire day. Nor does he call on Monday. So what do I do? I text him on Monday evening and tell him that I couldn't take it anymore. And he proceeds to break it off via text message, saying he never got over the DC trip. What the heck? Well, my pride is hurt, and I'm really irritated that he brought up D.C. again. So I decide to test my theory of how he's so much like the Ninja. Turns out, just as easily manipulated. So we have a text messaging war, and he asks if we can talk on Tuesday while I'm at work.

Let's fast forward ahead to the end of the week. He comes over on Saturday, ostensibly to have the "talk". I say I'm pretty much done with the hanging out portion of the relationship. He says he isn't mentally ready for a relationship. I say I don't want a relationship today, but I want to know whether or not it's in the realm of possibility. Yup, he basically wants to keep hanging out. So I end it. He hangs around the apartment, throwing out every topic he can think of to stall. Finally he leaves. I'm sad, I mope and mourn for three days, and then I'm done.

Now here's the screwy part. Almost 2 weeks later, he calls me at work. Say what? So, I'm all kinds of confused when I answer the phone. And he's all cheery. He wants to see me before going to Rio. Say what? I ask him what for. Frankly, I think that he's just trying to get a little break-up make out before going to Rio, but why? Rio is the land of gettin' it on with hot Brazilian babes. What does he need me for? Anyway, I had plans everyday before he left. In the midst of the conversation, I say something about how we'd ended it. His response -- and, incidentally, the source of my current confusion: "well, we didn't really end it. We just took your advice and took a break."

What? I've never had anyone deny a break up. Any explanations? Haven't heard from him since he got back from Rio. But if the Ninja is any indication, this probably isn't the last of it. Of course, if the Ninja is any indication, I should probably not be talking/blogging/thinking of him, because that's when they tend to pop up.

No comments: