Monday, October 10, 2011

What would you do?

I'm reading a great book called The $64 Dollar Tomato. It's a memoir of one man's quest for the perfect garden. Naturally, hilarity ensues. There is a moment where the author begins to wonder whether the gardening has lost it's magic, and it's no longer worth the effort. He quotes a great philosopher (I'm too lazy to get up and find the quote, but I think it's Sartre), asking "if you had to live the same life over and over again, would you pick the one you have now?

I think I can answer that question without much thought. My response? Is HELLLLLL NAWWWWW. But to know that you don't want to repeat your life as is isn't really going far enough. You have to figure out what you want. In a moment of introspection, I've been trying to figure that out. And you know what I've figured out? I want to be a Real Housewife of OC.

As I've contemplated my options, I can't say that when I'm fantasizing about the perfect life I'm picturing anything that involves going to work everyday. And I can say without hesitation that I don't dream of owning my own business. You know what I dream about? I dream about going to the gym for a couple hours a day, putting together fabulous meals, and throwing lavish parties. And let us not forget the hours spent in a huge closet (and shopping to fill that closet). The moments I do have miniature fantasies about work, they tend to center around big board meetings, in which everyone in the room is scared of ticking me off. (AKA being on the Board of a charitable organization).

Although the shopping and the lavish decorations are part of the fantasy, the part I usually concentrate on is spending time with my significant other and good friends. I think about owning a house with a great big porch or patio or some kickass outdoor area. Sometimes I dream of having a pretty flower garden. (Oddly, I never picture myself gardening). Oh, and I also dream about getting it on with my significant other on a very regular basis...just sayin'.

All this introspection leads me to believe that I truly do aspire to be an OC housewife! I wonder if that means I'm destined to be a reality TV star too? Hmm...methinks a career change is in order. I'm ready for my contract, BravoTV. ;)

No comments: