Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The beginning of the end

School began today. I have officially began the final semester of this journey. I'd like to say I've been reflecting on my years in school and all that I've learned; but I've done no such thing. Instead, I am just so done with it all. I'm done with grades, I'm done with the pressure, I'm done with exams. Instead, I've concerned myself with setting myself up for the next phase. Where do I want to live for the next substantial portion of my life? Washington, D.C.? Chicago, IL? Elsewhere? An engineer that I know of asked me where all I was looking. Well, D.C. and Chicago. Then I explained that I couldn't just pick up and go anywhere, because I have to be certified there. But more than one person has asked me why can't I just go wherever? And I suppose this is a very valid point. I haven't taken the IL Bar yet (as my younger cousin very aptly pointed out). I could very well take the bar in NV, MD, GA, hell I could take it for North Dakota (it'll be a cold day). So, where do I want to live? Frankly, I have no idea. I had no idea when I was applying to law school (I applied to a school in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, northern California, Boston, others) but I ended up in WI because law school is expensive and they bribed me; thereby making the decision for me. Thus, the moral of the story is, I want to go wherever they will pay me to go and wherever I will be ecstatic to be living. Suggestions? Ideas? Job offers?

1 comment:

Katherine. said...

Paris, bien sûr!