Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jealous: adj. Having to do with feelings of envy

Have you ever noticed that when your friend (or anyone) gets a new signficant other or a crush, that's all they can think of? And while you don't begrudge them their new relationship, you really don't want to hear another thing about it?

Ok, that's not always true. To be fair, we all have moments and habits of vicarious living. But, sometimes when you're out on the hunt, and you've turned cynical, it's all you can do to keep from declaring permanent single status and giving up on finding your own.

Now I ask you, is this jealousy? Are you envious of that person's significant other? Probably not, unless you had your own crush on the same person. No, maybe you aren't jealous. Maybe you're just wishing you could find your own -- and the expression of that wish turns your eyes green ;).

I know, I know. I should stop posting things that I think about in the shower.

No comments: