Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pre-Holiday Update

Ok, because I know I've been neglecting my blog, I'm going to give you a brief and breezy update. So here is all the news on all the things you've been wondering about!

1. The engineer: PAH HAHAHAHAHA. No, I haven't heard from him. I haven't heard a peep out of the westcoast since "The Incident." Unfortunately, I haven't heard from his psychotically jealous g/f either. I guess I'll never know if he got his cajones back. An unfortunate consequence. Although there have been many theories as to why he didn't call back, all of the ones assuming the benefit of the doubt have fallen through. For example: even if the gf did delete my phone number, there are still all kinds of electronic ways he could've contacted me. Thus, I have to assume that I am once again in need of a back-up date for upcoming weddings, since the engineer has quit. Sad really. He would've made a good one.

2. The young tender: Oh yes, he did call. Not only did he call, but he kept calling. I figured he was like all the other sketchy guys in a bar, who only ask for a girl's phone number because they can. But, as it turns out, he is (allegedly) interested. He makes me laugh, which is a huge bonus. And, in spite of my efforts to assure him that I will not, in fact, be sleeping with him, he continues to pursue. Sadly, all of this hitting-it-off has been to little avail, because we are 75 miles apart. There have been many alleged trips planned on his part, but they have yet to happen. Although there may be something brewing this weekend, so keep your fingers crossed. (Hey, young tender or no, he is darn cute, and this all in all makes a great story. We all know I'm not above going out with someone just for the story).

3. The churchboy: I think I forgot to mention him earlier, but I had a mini-reunion with a guy that used to go to my church. He is still quite cute. I had a big crush on him back in middle school. I think this crush has been reignited since I found out that he is a.) still fine, and b.) well educated. We have a tentative date planned for tomorrow, so we'll see if it goes anywhere.

4. The job search: arrrrgh! I keep getting interviews for the antithesis of what I really want to do. However, my last interview was long, which is often a sign of a successful interview. And while I don't think I'd enjoy the work, I REALLY enjoyed the office and the atmosphere. They don't appear to have a very good work-life balance, though. This worries me a bit. I appreciated the honesty, but I don't understand why they aren't more balanced given they only have one client. *Sigh.

5. kd. Miss kd. is currently living it up in Mexico. Booooooooooo to friends who get to go on fun tropical-esque trips. We're going to forgive her though, because she sent me a lovely box o'chocolates, and I have been devouring them like mad. Hmm. Maybe that isn't cause for forgiveness, since my pants aren't going to fit anymore. :).

6. M-te's in PHX for NYE. As is my tradition, I will be leaving town for NYE. The m-te's are meeting up in PHX and it will be the hotness. How jealous are you that you aren't invited?

Ok, that's all for now. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who else has adopted your family besides myself?

PS
I am totally on board of the continuing exchange of pleasantries between you and Y.T.

pheebee said...

Geez, who hasn't adopted my family? kd. adopted my parents, as did our other frenchie friend. Not to mention at least 3 people from the alma mater. Seriously, can a girl not end up with 17 adopted siblings/cousins? No? Oh. nuts.

I'll be sure and let Y.T. know that he has at least one vote from the peanut gallery. The boy is working awfully hard to get into what my aunt has deemed the "friendship club
". (That's right, he's already talked to her).