Monday, November 06, 2006

I TOLD you not to shoot the sheriff

Apparently, the public-at-large is not keeping up on my most recent postings. Last night, my Daddy and I had a good laugh at our neighbors' expense. Schadenfreuden. I should be ashamed, but I'm not, because I WARNED you of this.

Last night, our neighbors were shooting off fireworks around 11pm last night. I have no idea what they were celebrating. Apparently it was holiday somewhere, but I can't find any on the calendar. Anyway, shortly thereafter (literally less than 2 minutes), the police pull up. Apparently the police had been nearby and either heard or saw (or both) the fireworks. PAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA. You got a ticket for shooting off fireworks on 5 November -- a non-holiday. And you'd only shot off about 3. Sad, you got neither a big show nor a big celebration. Remember the guy in the car that cut off the plainclothes-sheriff? I TOLD you not to piss off the sheriff. See what happens when you don't pay attention?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember, remember the 5th of November....

pheebee said...

Dear Anonymous--

That is a clever nursery rhyme, and one that applies but...

We aren't in Britain. We don't have bonfires and fireworks to commemorate treason....

So I bet my friendly neighbors were just getting rid of some fireworks they found left over from July 4th.