Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Pimpin' ain't easy

Ok, so I attempted to break it off with 'bux boyf today. I think I was unsuccessful. Here's the problem:

So, I bite the bullet, and tell him that I don't think it's going to work. The reasons I give is because it's been too hard to connect, and I don't think we have anything in common. We discuss this for about 20 minutes. He gives a few rebuttals, none of which I find convincing. But I tell him that we do have enough personality connection to still be friends. (Remember, when he first started talking to me, he said that if we couldn't date, he just wanted to be friends).

Despite my efforts to be a big girl and end things, he mostly rejected my peace offering. He asked for another date! How do I get rid of this guy? Honestly?! *Sigh. You'd think this was a desirable problem....but it's not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No it's not. But it's necessary.

pheebee said...

My only consolation is proving the martamack wrong, in that I am NOT, in fact, manipulative. Obviously if I was, I would've been able to shake this guy.

Anonymous said...

Ha! You've manipulated him so much he's like putty in your hands. He wants to let go, but he is so entranced by the pheebee that he cannot. And secretly you love this, because you will now get even more free coffee. (And maybe he'll take you to a real restaurant!!)

I'm going to make this a segue in my blog at some point. (If I ever can get past the reasons you stated the other day to start it.)

:)

'Nuff said.

MM

Katherine. said...

stop fighting it -- you're going to marry him :P

pheebee said...

I just checked the Island Proclamations, and both of you have been declared wrong. Maybe next time.

Ahhh, it's good to be the benevolent dictator.