Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It Girl Out

So, I have finally used up the last of my perks from when I was the It Girl. On Sunday, I used my gift card to the fancy schmancy shoe store.

Officially, I have purchased the most expensive shoes I've ever owned (boots notwithstanding). Grant it, I didn't pay full price out of my own pocket. But, I was hesitant to buy them anyway. Something about spending that kind of money on a pair of shoes that I will likely wear maybe 4 times just seems outrageous. For the record, they were $130 + tax. I had a gift card for $100 and then a $10 frequent shopper discount. (No, I'm not a frequent shopper, but they gave it to me anyway).

But here's the thing. People spend this kind of money on shoes all the time. Grant you, they are super cute. But why oh why are you spending $130 on a single pair of platform hot pink sandals? Admittedly, they are super comfortable. Maybe if they turn out to be as comfortable as tennis shoes, I'll figure out why they're worth $130.

No comments: