Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Picture Free :(

Well friends, I am sorry to report that while I am in Pattaya, Thailand, there will be no posting of pictures. I have attempted (unsuccessfully) to download the program that puts pictures onto my blog; but alas, the 4 year old computres here at the Learning Resort are not cooperating.

The upside is, I am at a "Learning Resort". Which is basically a regular resort with a classroom. There are palm trees, a swimming pool and helpful staff all around. Apparently, some rich benefactor opted to leave an obscene amount of money to Thammasat University. And so, here we are, living it up in a resort (complete with meals and beverages) for free for 3 days and 2 nights. Oh! Woe is me :).

The downside is, I am not a big fan of the food. Thai food is not for the picky eater. All the meals are served with rice though, so fear not! I am getting all the carbs I can eat. The other downside is that thanks to the loverly snowstorm in Tokyo, I have a cold. Being in a tropical paradise just isn't the same when you're hacking up a lung. D'ah well. I guess I'll just have to "suffer" through. :).

Last night we sang (badly) to karaoke songs in the dining hall. There are pictures (hmm, maybe it's good I can't get the program to download). Tonight, we'll be heading into town (the resort is 500 miles away from everything) to watch a cabaret. The director of the program told us that this cabaret show features the best looking "women" in Thailand. Ahem, a drag show. I'm afraid I might get jealous. Who wouldn't hate to see a man make a better woman?!

We return to Bangkok tomorrow afternoon. Where I hope to have more stories, and more general ridiculousness. We'll even try to have some pictures up -- no guarantees though. Keep sending those comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

make the cold go away, so you can enjoy the best of life