Sunday, May 15, 2005

Reflections

Well, I went to graduation yesterday. It was your general program; complete with student speakers and a faculty speaker. Each were rather spectacular. I found the professor to be particularly entertaining when he compared the legal profession to the "oldest profession". He said:

"Well, in both of them, you deal with unsavory people and in both cases it's always better to get the money up front".

That got me to thinking. Why isn't prostitution legal? I mean really, sex is quite enjoyable for many people and it would probably be quite the lucrative industry. And frankly, if someone has to pay for sex, shouldn't he be afforded the comfort of knowing that their partner is clean and disease free? I mean really! Hmm, perhaps this is my calling. I will lobby to Congress to get prostitution legalized......or not. I mean who wants to go down in history for that? Hester Prynn maybe, but not I.

Back to graduation. It got me to thinking, wouldn't it be nice to be finished? But on the same token, wouldn't it be scary to be getting shoved into the real world? Dean Kransberger reminded the graduates during the ceremony that loan deferment is over. Clock starts ticking on 23 May 2005. Poor kids. I suppose I can put up with one more year of playing on the wireless network in exchange for not having to pay off my massive loans. *sigh*.

No comments: