Friday, May 20, 2005

Living Single

I am single. I am angry. And it hurts to admit that I am angry, but I am. I found out what was wrong with the guy. He was sick with an inner ear infection and in Indiana. Fine. Feel free to be sick, and when you're sick, feel free to be too selfish to call and say you left the state. I can forgive all of this, when you finally get around to calling me and telling me that you are sick. Fine.

Do NOT expect me to be fine, when you tell me you're back in Madison, but you're leaving for Indiana tomorrow. In fact, less than twenty-four hours from when you called me. And don't expect me to be fine when you tell me the only reason you came back to Madison was to check your mail. And you'll be leaving as soon as you wake up. Do NOT expect me to be fine when I discover that I am not even as important as your mail.

I'm not pissed that it's over. I mean, that sucks, because I really liked him. I mean, I really liked him. And no, it does not make me feel better to know there are more fish in the sea. I don't care about the fish in the sea...up until now I liked this one. Yes I realize I deserve better. Also not the point. I am pissed because I wasn't worth the effort of an actual discussion. He didn't care to tell me that he really didn't want to be around me anymore/found me infuriating/found me ugly/whatever. No, he just left.

It's not that I was blown off. Lord knows it's happened before. And, let's be honest, we all know I did it that way too. (See post about (C)Edric below). But in every case I've been involved in, the blowing off occurred between two people who were mutually disenchanted with the relationship. It didn't occur between me and a boyfriend. And it certainly didn't happen less than a week after exchanging schmoopy text messages.

FINE. I admit it. I am pissed and hurt and I hate it. I especially hate admitting defeat. I have one last chance to give him a piece of my mind. I want my necklace back. I am going to send him an email when he gets back to Madison, and I am in Milwaukee and tell him to return it. Whether I will have to pick it up or if he will drop it in my hangfile isn't the point. I just want it back. I will not, however, give him that piece of my mind. Nothing I can say will change the situation, and he won't get the picture. In the end, I probably won't feel better because I'll be angry that I admitted that I was hurt and annoyed.

So that's the update....Hate to be so un-fun, but in real life, every once in a while, I have to admit that everything isn't rosy.

No comments: