Thursday, June 14, 2007

Face Time

Technology is often accused of being the death of face-to-face contact. I can see where critics are coming from. So many of my friends are far, far away; and instant messenger makes it easy to stay in touch, and stay close. But, it makes it slightly more difficult to get close to people I meet in real life. Not so much difficult because I don't trust them, but because they can't stand up to my close friends who are far away. (Of course, the SiQ and Mr. 2DP do set the bar quite high -- {that's a mini-ode to you guys!! pheebee luvs ya!}).

Although, I will say this, technology may make personal connections less necessary than before, but certain emotions are just not as effective through type and txt. Thus, I challenge the critics to remember the last time they were REALLY ticked at someone, and note that the person never would have known just how ticked off you were, except for the fact that you were standing 4 inches from their face and telling them. For that one time alone, I am positive that technology will never actually replace face-to-face contact.

And honestly, what woman is accepting a marriage proposal over txt? Although, I guess there are people who do what is essentially a jumbo-tron text don't they? Note to y'all: when my future spouse is looking for proposal suggestions, that's a bad one. :}

No comments: