Monday, June 25, 2007

Science of Love

This week on NBC, love "experts" pick a date (both the woman and the activity) to help a pro-football player fall in love. Then they pit that date against one that the football player picked himself (again, the woman and the date). Aside from getting to watch the yummy Mark Consuelos for an hour, it was an interesting (albeit dubious) science experiment. The not-so-surprising fact was science picked someone completely opposite than Adam's instinct.

I would relish getting a date picked out by science. Not because I'm desperate (jerks). But because I'd be curious to see if my instinct is waaaaaay off. (Shut up - I can hear your eyes rolling from here). So honestly, I think the whole experience would prove a theory of mine right. This being that people date people they want to be attracted to, rather than necessarily picking who they're really attracted to. I mean honestly, why else would there be such an abundance of sketchy places to take the date you don't want anyone to know you're on?! (Not that I'd do that, of course.;})

1 comment:

The Cozman said...

I agree. The people everyone believes are the sexiest/ most attractive are rarely the ones who have any substance. They may have fashion sense and ripped abs, but they rarely use the one muscle that really matters (get your mind out of the gutter - - I mean the heart (or brain if you think men have one)).

Most of the good people were snatched up when they were younger by men and women who were more into happiness than appearances. (I know some of your history, so I'm not saying that that's you.) I'm also not saying it's impossible for you now to find someone, but maybe this science thing is just what you need to jump start your relationship hunt.

MMM