Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Repeat

Ahhhhhhhhh! That's the sound of the mental screaming I was doing at the eL station today. Picture, a transfer point on the eL. September 2008. Approximately 455 p.m. There I am, looking in my fabulous Kate Spade bag for my transit card. I look up, to open the glass door. And there...in the reflection...the old guy from the eL a few weeks ago. (Insert expletive here).

So, then I thought I was a goner, but he had to get a transit card from the machine. So, I thought I'd escaped him, until I remembered that his whole opportunity for hitting on me in the first place arose from the fact that we rode the same line. But then, I thought I was saved because as I reached the top of the steps, there was my train arriving. And given that he was way behind me buying a card, I thought it officially ok to breathe a sigh of relief. Not! Not only did he make it onto the train, he ended up on the same blasted car.

Needless to say, it was an incredibly uncomfortable ride since I had to face one direction the entire time. But, I did manage to avoid eye contact (and giving him a full view of my face). So, he didn't get the chance to see or talk to me. (Insert phew! here).

No comments: