Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pet Mountain

While in Boston, kd. asked me about my love life. Mainly to avoid telling me why she won't get with this young cutie in her arch school. Anyway, she asked me all the important details (i.e. what does he look like). When I told her about the titan, her reaction was "that's not a Titan, that's your own pet mountain!" A reaction which was awesome and hilarious! That may be his new psuedo-nickname. He'll always be the titan, but secretly he'll be my pet mountain.

Anyway, just after I got back from Boston, my pet mountain asked me to be a basketball wife. Let me explain. The second week after I got back, I texted him to say that we needed to get together and talk and such. I didn't exactly tell him that it was going to be a "Talk," but that is essentially what I'd planned on. I was seriously considering kicking him off the island. But, his response was to ask me to come to a basketball camp and watch him play. I figured, and island-council members agreed, that there was no way I could screw with his game by telling him everything I'd planned to tell him.

Good thing I didn't say anything. He wasn't just playing a game. He was going to what was essentially a tryout for a basketball team in Mexico. I found myself sitting on the bleachers with all the other friends, families, and basketball wives. I was definitely a basketball wife that day. We were there for a solid 4.5 hours. Yikes. I had a nice pounding headache too, because one basketball wife let her brat fake cry for the first 2 hours. And just let him do it. I wanted to choke her for letting him, and then scream at him to just shut up.

As it turns out, we ended up having the Talk (part 1) on the way back from the basketball camp. He brought it up, because he said he'd sensed things had changed. So, I told him that I was having problems, because the Ninja-esque qualities were starting to bug me. I told him almost everything that was bothering me. Basically, I want to see some A game. None of this C and D game nonsense. I sort of expected things to end shortly after the conversation. He shocked me though. He agreed that we had some problems, but he actually said "pheebee, I think that whatever differences we have, we can work them out."

Then, the next day, we had the Talk (part 2). He told me the things about me that bug him. Essentially he wants me to be more of the nurturing type of woman. I told him I can do that, but usually only after a guy makes me feel like a princess. We'll see if it actually happense. Unfortunately, I left for Boston about 3 days later, so no chance for him to prove himself. Although, while I was in Boston, he promised me a make-up Valentine's day. I'm still waiting for that to happen, and it's been a week. But, I'm trying to give the man the benefit of the doubt; I only saw him briefly since I've gotten back, so no need to start sabotaging it yet.

No comments: