Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A day in the life of...

Well, here's what's happening in my life:

1. I am fasting. I haven't eaten any solid foods since Sunday, and the fast isn't over until Friday at noon. Anyone who would like to join me at Olive Garden on Friday at 12:01 should contact me immediately. My Auntie says that I will be able to tell people how good God is at the end of the fast. And while I believe that wholeheartedly, I can honestly say right now, all I can tell people is how good some barbeque wold be right now.

2. I was fasting last week as well. Except last week, it was no meat and no media. Giving up meat wasn't so bad. Giving up secular music was also not so bad. Giving up t.v. was horrible! I'd even go so far as to say it was slightly worse than this week's fast. I am quite dependent on t.v. I don't know if that is very sad or just fact. But, there it is.

3. I will be attending a fraternity Black and Gold masquerade ball on Friday. I may have invited my ex (yes that one), and he may have accepted. But my invitation was conditional on my friend taking a date....I did NOT want to be the 3rd wheel. But if she doesn't take a date, and I can manage to uninvite the ex, then I might get to play with the adorable president of the fraternity. He's so young though, (and kinda skinny a la my last law school fling), so all play dates are required to be in public places a.k.a. at parties.

4. Yet another couple at the law school is engaged. That makes, what, a million? How is it all these people are getting engaged/married, and I can't even get a friggin' date?

5. The sexy engineer from Atlanta is going to be soooooooo very close to me tonight and tomorrow. He is flying into Chicago to interview in Rockford. Far far closer than Atlanta. But, sadly, he's only going to be in the vincinity for less than 24 hours. Not nearly enough time to get together. Which is just as well, since inevitably we'd want to go out to eat, and I can't eat. (See happening #1).

6. I am still wondering why the best relationship I have with the male persuasion is one with a man who is several hundred miles away. There have been all kinds of theories on this ranging from my tendancy to be like a dude, to my tendancy not to enjoy people. Either way, it is highly inconvenient that I don't have any distractions within driving range.

The end. Isn't my life exciting? Ok, so it's not. But at least you're updated!

No comments: