Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Inspiration from Sex and the City

This was the post-it episode. A running theme of the show was whether everything happens for a reason, even if you don't know it yet. And furthermore, if everything happens for a reason, what is the lesson learned from a relationship that is ending.

That got me to thinking (oh, that line was sooooo Carrie Bradshaw wasn't it?!), what have I learned from my past relationships? I mean, my first love, obviously I learned something from that. And the second relationship, pretty clear what I learned from that (propensity for children, yay or nay). However, can we really say I learned anything from everyone's favorite relationship that was shorter than the break-up? Or how about the guy affectionately known as the Vinster? And what about the random non-relationships in between? Ok seriously, is there really something to be learned?

I have my doubts. But if a gun was to my head, I'd have a few thoughts. First, why is someone holding a gun to my head trying to figure out what I learned from past relationships? and Second, I think all I learned is that I am a very obsessive person. Oh, and that I really want a pretty pretty diamond for my engagement ring. Multiple carats, perhaps. :}

No comments: