Monday, February 27, 2006

It takes so much...

So, I've been saying (for at least 3 years) that law school takes a lot out of you. Emotionally, mentally, sometimes physically, it just drains you. And it does a pretty good job of killing off certain parts of you. Now, these parts may vary, depending on what type of person you are, and what kinds of classes you take -- but inevitably some part of you that existed before law school will cease to exist within the 3 years this journey takes.

That being said, I'm generally bemoaning this fact when I'm whining about something. However, I am happy to report that a psychologist actually did a study, and has determined that law school makes people risk averse. I read this in a book. Thanks to the Socratic method, the generally competitive atmosphere, and the fact that the lower part of the class has never been in that position before makes us extremely opposed to risks. So there! I am not making it up. pbbth.

No comments: