Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Kiss &Tango

Well, there was no kissing on the dance floor, nor was there any tango, but I definitely went out salsa dancing in a great big ballroom. It was fabulous. In the book, Kiss & Tango, the author calls the whole operation a milonga. Basically, it's where men who can dance the tango (or in my case, the salsa) go and women who love to be spun and dipped go to combine their interests. I must say, life was fantastic and fabulous that night. Although the engineer was a novice, he wasn't my only option. After making a concerted effort to dispel the notion that we were betrothed, several men asked me to dance. Some of them were more intense than others, but I quickly remembered what I learned in Mexico -- my one job was to be pliable and to follow. It was absolutely fantastic...I remembered just how much I love dancing.

In related news, the engineer claims that he will be starting lessons shortly AND will be quite good by the time I see him again. My reaction to this was a question "Does that mean it will be a really long time before I see you again, or that you're a really quick learner?". He said it meant that he's a really quick learner -- we'll see how that goes.

For the record, as of right now, I'm avoiding the question of where I'll be next year.

No comments: