Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ha ha, sucker!

Do you ever get the feeling that Mother Nature is just screwing with you for kicks and giggles? For example, it's been raining in spurts here. Today, it started raining just as a fire alarm was pulled and the law building was emptied out. Then, when we came out of class, it had stopped raining. In fact, the ground was mostly dry. Those of us riding scooters did a mini-jig because no rain meant no need to leave your scooter behind. So I hop on my scooter, and upon reaching the intersection with Campus Drive, it started to sprinkle. Followed by the torrential summer downpour within 1 minute of the sprinkle. Awesome. I managed to get more wet than I would've if I'd walked through a car wash. Guess what. It stopped raining about 10 minutes after I walked into my apartment.

I'm starting to doubt the theory that the sound of thunder is God bowling. I'm thinking Mother Nature is just amused by screwing with us mortals.

No comments: