Sunday, December 16, 2007

Secret Agent (Wo)Man...

As it turns out, I did not get to flex my double agent muscles this weekend. But it was a heck of a lot of fun leading up to it. Here's what happened:

So, as many of you know, I am/was embroiled in a disagreement/reverse/island-kicking-offing moment with the boxer. I am also in the process of platonic/romantic/platonic-again relationship defining moment with bottle-service guy (who will be henceforth known as Snowflake). Well, this weekend, I attempted to elevate my level of pimp-tress and scheduled dates with both of them on Friday. (Yes, yes I really did attempt it).

First, the boxer and I re-established communication on Thursday. In an effort to make myself more available, and less neurotic, I suggested we get together after he left work on Thursday. I was even going to drive to meet him. (I know, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, alright?). But, because I am an early to bed kinda girl, it didn't work out. As an alternative, he invited me to meet him out with his friends on Friday. So I agreed...and then I enlisted Kaia to go with me, so she could also take advantage of the boxer's potentially cute friends.

A couple hours later, I receive a text message from Snowflake, letting me know he had dinner plans in my approximate side of town, and wanted to know if I wanted to meet up afterwards. Well, I texted back that I already had plans, but if he got out of dinner early enough, I could probably do both. Naturally, I only told him the part of the plan where I was meeting up with Kaia (I left out the part where Kaia and I were going to meet up with the boxer and his friends).

Well, as per usual, Snowflake flaked out. (Hence the new name). I was kinda sad about that, because I couldn't be a double-agent as previously planned. However, I still had the pseudodate with the boxer. (HA! Remember pseudodate? I wonder whatever happened to him?) Anyway, that also failed to happen! Now, the boxer has never failed to follow through. He's given me the silent treatment, and other childish things, but never flat-out flaked. This time, though, I called him and asked where he would be. He said Leona's for dinner, and then out to Wrigley. I told him I would text him when we were on our way. Well, I never found out where in Wrigley they were. He never texted, and never called.

Of course, I got really annoyed as the night went on. But my irritation was tempered by the fact that Kaia and I ended up at the bar where Afroguy works, and he was there! Hooray flirting with increasingly-adorable-with-alcohol Afroguy! He totally recognized me, which was surprising. He asked Kaia and I to stick around and party at the A-bar when he got off work, but honestly, we weren't that down.

Anyway, the boxer and I exchanged text messages the next day. He alleges that he told me 50 times which bar they were at. I potentially didn't get the texts, because the very same night, Snowflake claimed to have sent me 4 texts, but I only got 1. So now, the boxer and I are embroiled in another disagreement, but I have no idea what to do about this one. Do I bother making an effort (if for no other reason than to have the last word), or do I just cut my losses because it will probably always be difficult putting up with this dude's ego? Knowing me and my track record, I will probably end up calling or texting again, just because I have to have the last word. If I'm going out, I'm going out making sure he knows exactly how right I am. (Such is my fatal flaw ;}).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I advised previously you should absolutely not call him :)! I know I would probably call him too but do as I say not as I do:) Maybe the first and second time hope was still alive but three strikes and your out! Or as my dad used to say if one person tells you your drunk they are just jealous of your fun, if two people tell you your drunk maybe slow down, but if three people tell you your drunk its time to go to bed ;)! ie after three tries and three cased of obnoxiousness don't call the boxer!

pheebee said...

HAHAHAHA. So true...and yet, I still really REALLY want to make that call. Remember just a couple weeks ago, when I wasn't all that sure that I was into him at all? Damn the reverse!