Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm Agile, Like a Mongoose

That's a quote from NBC's salute to the 90s, "American Gladiator". Of all the reality/game shows, this is quickly becoming my favorite. I love LOVE LOVE this show. God Bless NBC for bringing it back.

In completely unrelated news, I recently received "The Play of the Week" award from the playette's association. I didn't really set out to get it. The opportunity just fell in my lap. But as Bud once said on The Cosby Show "When opportunity knocks, open the door." Here's what happened:

So, there I was, realizing that the date with the Drank Realtor was not going to go well. Essentially, the Drank Realtor earned his name because he asked me if I wanted to "grab a drank." And then he said it 2 more times. And then I called him out for citing to a T-Pain song. To which he responded "I know a stripper who's also a bartender who can make a mean drank." *Sigh*. it was at that point I realized that I needed a rescue from this date. Unfortunately, neither MMM nor Kaia were answering their phones. So what did I do? I called Snowflake! Not only did he answer, but also agreed to go to dinner AND pick me up from the ridiculous date with Drank Realtor. That's right. My second date picked me up from my first one. I am SO awesome.

Anyway, for multiple reasons (too old, too ridiculous, he quoted TPain songs when asking me out), the Drank Realtor has no shot of a second date. Interestingly, Snowflake and I did not share a goodnight kiss. This was our 4th or 5th date. At this point, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want a romantic relationship either. Although, I'm not entirely certain why he keeps paying. But whatever.

So, I almost outdid myself, because I scheduled a date with the boxer for the next night. Unfortunately, he had to work. And then, for what would've been the post-date activity, he picked a fight and therefore didn't come. (Don't even get me started on the content of that fight. Suffice it to say that he was ticked because I wouldn't pick him up). By the way, I am once again declaring my done-ness with the boxer, and I will NOT get distracted by those abs. (Moment of silence for the hotness). I'm serious! For real this time. I am done. Like Nextel. Done. |

Did I mention that I saw the Ninja over NYE? ;)

No comments: