Thursday, October 19, 2006

But I did not shoot the deputy....

Today, I was driving along, on my way home. I was drawn to look into my rearview mirror by some guy laying on his horn. As it turns out, he had a very good reason: The guy in the Explorer in the next lane over was trying to cut him off. And continued even though there was no space for another car, and the car he was attempting to cut off was a blue Chevy Lumina. As the Explorer proceeded to cut off the Lumina, I said to myself "Boy is he lucky that isn't a plainclothes police car".

Well, as it turns out, it was a plainclothes sheriff. There were two of them in fact. I figured this out when once we reached the red light, the sheriff turned on his flashers and got out of the car to the drivers side window. He spent the better part of the red light telling the driver of the Explorer off. He spent so much time that the 2nd plainclothes sheriff got out of her car. But, the light turned green, the Explorer peeled off, and the 1st sheriff walked calmly to his car. However, it wasn't over. The first sheriff sped up on the right side of me and followed the Explorer. I suspect he tailed the Explorer for quite some time after that. Hee hee.

The moral of the story? Don't piss off the sheriff. :)

No comments: