Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tricking and Treating

Well, this weekend was quite a weekend. I went back to my alma mater for a Halloween celebration. And I went for the purpose of committing serious shenanigans. I will say, mission accomplished. I saw people I hadn't seen in ages, I talked to people who had probably long forgotten me, and I did it all while dressed in a fake costume.

I never made it to the main street, but I hear that this year there were fewer arrests and no riots. I did head to 2 house parties and a bar off the main street. I was also hit on by an uber-young'un. Now, I know I've come close to robbing the cradle before. But this comes close....young tender is 21. 21!!! I wonder if it was his first time in the bar? As it turns out, he was adorable, but not very sensible. We'll see if he ever actually calls. Should we take some bets?

Speaking of phone calls....

First, let me begin with a mea culpa. I know that it is wrong to dial-while-intoxicated. But, we did it anyway, and it was good times. My friend from the OC had flown in for the festivities. We started our night with some high quality Miller products -- Sparks. After suitable pre-gaming, we headed to a party. While there, we attempted to call her friend and my ex-boyfriend...the tall, darkhaired guy with the light eyes. Our plans were foiled because he had changed his number. I was kind of saddened by this, because I think it would have been quite the entertaining chat. There were a couple phone calls to various girls around the school in hopes of meeting up, and just generally saying hello. There were also some long and random messages left with people who failed to answer their phone. Chrissy was even the recipient of a drunk dial made by her ex-boyfriend...he picked a fight with her, as drunk exes are wont to do.

My former neighbor and I also exchanged many many dials. Me: "Wanna make out later?" Him: "sure." We never did make out, but he let me stay at his place since my original host has a cat and I'm allergic. Ahhh, neighborly love.

Another favorite of mine was a phone call to psuedodate. He didn't answer his phone, which was sad. But I did get to leave a ridiculous long and rambling message on his voicemail for him to wake up to. Turns out, I must have been rather tipsy at that point, because when he called back the next day, he said it sounded like he should've been wherever we were, because it sounded like we were having quite the good times. (And we were!)

More call stories to be continued....

No comments: