Wednesday, February 07, 2007

eL Hussy

So, I had yet another torrid affair today. It was even shorter lived than the one yesterday. This time, I saw a guy at the stop. Actually, I've seen him before on the very stop. Both times that I've seen him, he's had on very nice shoes and very stylish pants. However, he also had on a 'do-rag under his backwards-turned cap. That part, I was not big on. Anyway, I noticed him, and that was it....or so I thought. He got on, but he ended up looking back just after the doors closed; and winked! I smiled, and waved as they pulled off. Honestly, I blushed because I'm pretty sure he noticed me noticing him. Hmm. I wonder if he recognized me from before too? Anyway, thus ended my 2nd torrid love affair in as many days.

I also had a very profound lesson of the day. Unfortunately, I have discovered that I am a clotheshorse. And not even a covert clotheshorse. Sadly, I have been working for just under a month, and I already have the reputation of being quite the shopper and having tons of clothes. Ironically, I haven't bought all that much by way of clothes since I started working. And, I've definitely already repeated an outfit or two, because I don't yet own that many suits. With this in mind, I was definitely protesting my reputation at the office. However, I've been forced to re-evaluate, because I noticed myself observing the coats of several women. I already own a couple coats. Do I need another coat? Of course not! But I still nearly resolved to start looking for one. Nuts.

1 comment:

Katherine. said...

this is why when I'm a rich and famous architect you are coming to be my nanny -- primarily for dealing with the clothes issue. we've discussed this already. you can't be forgetting these things if you're going to be my nanny...