Monday, February 05, 2007

OK I get it!

Alright, alright. All (3) of my faithful readers have admonished me for not blogging often enough. So, here is your official update of my life.

I have moved to a new state and a new city. In that vein, I have had good times decorating my fabulous (and overpriced) apartment. Grant it, the apartment is in the price range of the rest of the neighborhood, but it's still quite the sticker shock when you're coming from student housing.

Anyway, since my last entry, I have divorced my backup husband, broke up with my IM boyfriend, and had a torrid (yet short) love affair. Here are the details ~

Backup husband: The engineer and I began tentatively talking again. And he offered to be my backup husband in 7 years. I don't remember accepting his offer, given our differing opinions on children (me: opposed, him: for). But anyway, we've since gotten a divorce because his current g/f (yes, the very same one) made him break up with me. He literally told me we couldn't talk anymore after I sent him a very risque txt. Ok, it wasn't risque. It said "I hate traffic". And it was in lieu of a phone call I was supposed to return the day before. And I don't actually have proof it was the g/f's fault. I mean, maybe he was insulted that I didn't take him up on his offer to fly in to my city and be my booty call. D'ah well. I guess I'll never know. Since he made the decision to divorce me, I can't very well be expected to be bothered with finding out why. I've got better things to do...such as dump my IM boyfriend.

As you may or may not know, I was deeply involved with my IM boyfriend. But alas, this weekend, when reality nearly collided with IM-ity, we were forced to end it. Ok, we all know we're getting back together because I want him to take me to the alumni banquet. But for now, we're broken up and I'm shopping for a new IM man.

My torrid love affair happened just earlier today. I boarded the local public transportation at the same time as the love of my life. I looked at him, he looked at me. And for the next 10 minutes, we were giving each other side eye. And by this, I mean I looked at him out of the corner of my eye for the entire ride. Then my stop came up, and thus ended our love affair. Sad isn't it?

There may be a prospect at my local bank. I'm wondering if I should approach him or not though, because he gave me his number rather than asking for mine. I read in a book (he's just not that into you) that usually a guy who does this is just being lazy. It's been a week today. Wonder if there's a statute of limitations on how long you can wait to call? Hmm..

Ok, I hope this satisfies my blogging requirement. I'll try to do better. But I've been busy turning my apt into a home rather than a refugee camp. Give a girl a break why don't you?!

1 comment:

Katherine. said...

hooray new apartment -- oh so fabulously interior designed (NOT decorated!!) by that new up-and-coming fabulous young someday to be architect (NOT interior designer!)...

(bah, it's late, I get to self-promote if i want. besides which, you're not the one who has to deal with one of two studio profs on wednesday and explain why you're the only one in your section who collaged! yikes!!)