Friday, February 16, 2007

Flowers & Love

So, today there were many many women toting flowers home from the office. And I gotta say, I was impressed. I love surprises, and I love flowers arriving at the office. Valentine's Day is the perfect day for me. Or it would be if I had a man.

But this is not a post to whine about how sad Valentine's Day is when you're single. In fact, there were tons and tons of single-friendly options around town. I didn't do any of that though. Instead, I watched a chick-flick while sitting on my fabulous couch. 2 women at my office got a dozen red roses, and they were really pretty. But they were nothing compared to the bouquet I saw on the train today. A guy was carrying a huge bouquet filled with lilies, baby's breath, roses, violets, and anything else you'd expect to see on the front page of a bouquet catalogue. They were GORGEOUS. Oh wait, I didn't mean to be gushing.

Anyway, aside from my movie, I didn't do much else. The thing is, I've never actually been dating someone over Valentine's Day. And therefore, it's never really bothered me that I don't get to do anything. So, the moral of this post is, is to get off your duff and do something fun for yourself -- or nothing at all. Just quit yer bitchin'. And don't forget to hit up the sale chocolate at Kmart. :)

On a related note, the young'n called and txt'd me last night. I didn't bother to answer the phone. But it was interesting. I hadn't heard from him in quite some time. Wonder what he wanted? Hmm...

No comments: