Sunday, February 19, 2012

Experiment, First Observation

So, it went 3 days without contact. Even though it's my nature to respond to texts and phone calls instantly, I didn't this time. It took every ounce of restraint I had to wait 8 hours to get back to him. Actually, since I was annoyed that it took 3 days for him to bother contacting me, it wasn't as difficult as it would normally be.

Now, the last time I waited so long to respond, I ended up with 5 text messages and a phone call in the middle. This time, only 3 text messages -- but they were rapid-fire. Less frantic this time. Anyway, I didn't get several texts and calls this time. But I certainly got a comment. Something to the effect of "wow...nice response times." Later on in the conversation, he asked "so who's the new male interest?" I didn't respond. Honestly, what would be the point? At the moment, there are no other suitors (unless you count the youngblood's psuedo attempt at a comeback); but I don't see what good it does to tell him that. Frankly, I am a little confused as to why he asked me in the first place.

After I was done talking to him, I cut it off. I was out getting my boogey on with the Titan at a local joint...testing the waters to see if I still got it (I do). Hot cop had been working for something like 24 hours, and I suspect was using me as entertainment to keep himself awake. Humph. Not my job. So, when I was done, I cut it off.

No increased chasing yet. I did get more proof that he's just not that into me, though. So far, the self-help-y book writers have a point. Let the experiment continue... :)

No comments: