Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An update

Here's the latest scoop on what's been happening with the boys on my island.

The gym rat: no word yet. Checked in with the Titan to ask him if he had turned over my number. He said he hadn't -- yet. His plan was to try to run into the guy at the gym and try to find out if he was interested, and to pass on my number. So, I told the Titan to go ahead, but to not be weird about it. Even though this conversation was by text, I could totally feel him giving me side eye, because his response was "I know how to do this, pheebs. ;)". Well -- don't let me stop you, cuz that boy was fiiiiiiiiiiiine*.

The Titan: While I'm on the subject of the Titan, there's nothing going on there. He is not my man, we are not dating, we are not going to revisit (for the third time!!!) a relationship. Yes, he still calls me nearly everyday. Yes, he is seeing someone else. Yes, that is very strange. No, I'm not going to do anything about it....if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The round guy: Never called. YAY!**

The hot cop: I can't say that my social experiment has been going all that wonderfully. For one thing, I don't have the patience to play games with the phone. I don't like to not answer a text message, and if something is on my mind, I want to be able to send a text. That said, I did break a cardinal rule and institute a "talk." But, it was just a baby, pint-sized talk. Basically, I just noted that I'm way too awesome to just be a jump-off, so he should actually put forth some effort if he wanted to hook up ever again. But, I couched it on either side with funny and snarky comments. This is his first week off work in something like 6 weeks -- I haven't been asked out yet. My guess? My original hunch that he was hoping to be a day tripper on the island only, and isn't looking to take up any kind of residency or visit schedule was right. I do think we'll always have some sort of snarky text exchange -- our humor is too similar not to :). Other than that, I'm just hanging out, waiting to see what happens next.

The young blood: We have been spending an awful lot of time together lately. He invites himself over to my house, and I instruct him to take me out to dinner. Although, he's stopped paying. He is definitely making sure he stays top of mind, but he hasn't made any romantic overtures. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I figure I might as well ride it out (if for no other reason than it's nice to have male companionship every once in a while -- even if it is missing a romantic element.)

*Which reminds me. The night we were out, the Titan took one look at the gym rat, and said "yeah, he's kinda like me. If I'm Plan A, he's Plan B." HAHAHAHA. The awesome part about that? He was dead serious.

**I'm headed out to throw salt over my shoulder now, to avoid jinxing myself.

No comments: