Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fashionable Observations

I've been keeping an eye on fashion trends lately, and it's looking like long and lean (twiggy) is slowly sneaking back into the ready-to-wear consciousness. Lately, the spring preview has been showing a lot of drop-waist dresses, horizontal stripes, and shift dresses. Typically, these styles are meant for tall, leggy, straight up and down type of chicks. Well, I guess they were tired of being left out of the fashion-forward trends. Welcome to the party our curve-challenged sisters!

Now, as for the rest of the trends, spring preview is also showing a lot of wedges. And they are craaaaazy. Bold prints and colors aren't just for shirts anymore. And while I'm on the subject, bold colors are everywhere! Similar to a few years ago when I'd officially reached my fed up point with neutral-toned pants (circa 2003-2004), colorful pants are moving into spring. Mostly, I've seen them in skinny jeans only. I find this puzzling, since it will be way too hot to wear tall boots to go with them. I think this may be a skinny girl only trend, but I have been proven wrong on this point before. Let's just leave this in the TBD column.

All of the colors and trends are looking fabulous. Some of the staples that we loved over the past couple years are staying in: flirty dresses, maxi dresses, and color blocking. Sweet!

Sadly, I'm on a self-imposed shopping hiatus. It was torture living through clearance sale season. And now, awesome fashion trends that I'm itching to try are going to go right past me. Sonuva!! Listen, somebody head out and do some shopping so I can live vicariously through you, ok? Kthxbye!!

No comments: