Sunday, September 17, 2006

Falling

I never thought I'd be here to watch the leaves change. (By here I mean this location, not the planet and living). Anyway, I feel as if this change of season is awfully premature. It is only mid September. Shouldn't there be a couple more weeks of greenery left?

Although, I do feel that it's just one tree on my block, and therefore the fall season hasn't completely begun. This, is good. What is sad is that the tree that is beginning to change here spits its leaves in just one spot. Usually it's onto my car. No matter where it's parked. I think this tree has a vendetta out to get my car. It really isn't fair, you know. Especially after a rain. Honestly, have you ever attempted to get a wet leaf that is stuck on your windshield off of said windshield? It's impossible! First, you just hope that the leaf will commit leaficide and jump ship. Of course it doesn't. Then you try the windshield wiper, and all that happens is that it gets stuck under the windshield wiper. So you're stuck with the wet leaf trail directly in your line of vision, like a sucker. And the leaf is securely latched to your car, buckled in by the security of the wiper blade. It's so unfair. *Sigh.* Circle of life, I guess.

No comments: