Friday, September 22, 2006

Getting your mrs

Ok, so I'm not actually out shopping for an "mrs". But as I am currently suffering from insomnia and watching SATC I figured it was an appropriate train of thought. As many people who know me are well aware, I have a particularly strict code of sexual conduct. (Essentially, if you wouldn't do it in front of Old CC's King Chapel, you shouldn't be doing it without diamonds.) But, here's a question: does that including (actual) sleeping together?

Let's be real here. I happen to enjoy 8 consecutive hours of sleep every night. Without all 8, I can be even more crabby than normal. So, what if my beloved and I are not compatible to sleep together? For instance, snoring. To be honest, there are people who are related to me who snore profusely. Spending the night at their homes, or sharing hotel rooms on road trips leads to sleepless nights and crabby days. I realize that everyone snores at some point, including when you're stuffed up. I mean, even I snore sometimes, although I prefer to think that rather than sounding like I'm calling hogs, I'm more prone to the slight neighing of a cute filly that's soundly sleeping. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).

So, is it unacceptable to end a torrid love affair turned lasting love due to incompatible sleeping? Alternatively, will me and my beloved be forced to maintain an extra bedroom so that I can get a decent 8 hours? Or, alternatively, can I (actually) sleep with these people early in the relationship, before it becomes torrid or loving and break up with him if he snores (or hogs the covers, or kicks in his sleep, or tosses a lot in bed)?

Perhaps these are questions I should worry about later...you know. After I meet a man who is intelligent, cute, funny, and without children. Meh, details. It's better to plan ahead. :}

No comments: