Monday, April 02, 2007

2DP

Well, this weekend was quite a weekend. 2DP, my good friend from my hometown, was down to my new town. I was all kinds of worried about how I'd keep him entertained for 2.5 days, but as it turns out, he is easily amused.

It was his very first time on a train, and other various forms of public transportation. I was happy to provide the experience. And, it was the birth of his handle. 2DP, for the uninitiated stands for 2 Day Pass. It does NOT stand for that other kind of DP -- perverts.

But I digress. On Friday, I was finally able to make a stop at a fabulous little basement bar near my (landlord's) condo. Trust me, any resto that serves fried sweet potatoes is a fabulous restaurant. AND there were $5 martinis. Now, he and I partook of some alcoholic beverages both before dinner and afterwards. I think they may have gone straight to our heads. We had a summer camp moment of sorts after returning to the pad. As some of you may or may not know, my (landlord's) condo is loft style, so I have a split level. 2DP was sleeping on the bomb sleeper sofa that is in my living room, and I was upstairs in my bed. Before falling asleep, we chatted it up over the balcony rails, naturally. However, 2DP may have had a bit much to drink. (To be fair, those Long Islands were practically clear). He went into a 20 minute tirade about paper plates.

It all started when he asked me if I ever used them, or if I was a more real dishes girl. So, I am actually a real dishes girl, but there are paper plates in my cabinets left over from my last apartment. And thus began the 20 minute tirade. Why, oh why, would you not only take up packing space for paper plates, but waste the gas to transport them across one great state and into another? he asked. Well I don't know! Why would I throw them out? Honestly, oy! But, the kicker here...after several minutes of discussing the gas money I wasted and the packing space I utilized, he asked if he could have them. Now, I beg you, which is less logical. Packing them along with kitchen things when moving, or visiting your friend and then packing them in a backpack next to your laptop and toting them along in public transportation? Ok then. I thought so. So, phooey on you 2DP.

Anyway, we also visited a baby beluga, and purchased a khaki hat. The final destination on Saturday was to an improv show (something you gotta visit me to see!). On Sunday, we had a cozy night in....separate beds, followed by breakfast delivery. 2DP being the future husband, and smoothe operator that he is, surprised me with flowers. (Insert awwwwwwwww here). I've gotten more flowers in this condo than I've ever received at my last apartment. Man! This must be the lucky condo.

All in all, it was a darn fine weekend. Oh, and 2DP also wanted to play a hilariously inappropriate joke. I won't reveal it here, because it may still happen. But I will say, it may involve electronic messaging and tracking. HA. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

visit?! one of these days i will -- at this point though I seem to be booked up through the first weekend of may ... it might be after france before i make the flight to chicago... :( however, i'll get there one of these days

it's late, i'm using way to many ellipses

kae.dea