Saturday, April 21, 2007

First Date Update

On Monday, I will have my 3rd first date in 2 months. I am sad to say, that it is with 'bux boyf. I feel like I owe him, as he's certainly put in the time and persistence. But, my patience is waning with this kid. And I do mean kid. He's so pesky. And, so far, he hasn't said much by way of substance or coherence. I fear the time I've promised him may wear on my nerves after 15 minutes. Wish me luck. And particularly by way of keeping a positive, open mind.

By way of update, I never did hear from my potential wedding date. Therefore, I won't be able to finagle my way into a trip to Italy. Sad.

I did hear from the Christian rapper, so to speak. The day after our date, he didn't call until 1045 p.m. Which was wholly unacceptable, and so I didn't answer. I did eventually forgive him, I suppose, because we shared a couple text exchanges. Then, he called 2 days ago. But I didn't answer -- I forget why. I think I legitimately missed the call. But, I haven't returned it. On the one hand, I'd like to, because he owes me dinner. On the other hand, there was a complete lack of spark -- so would free dinner be worth it?

1 comment:

Katherine. said...

'free dinner' when were those words together EVER wrong... or does this just highlight that it's 2am, i just finished my news article for tomorrow and had six hours of class on top of spending two hours in the doctor's office before the six hours of class and i'm a poor grad student who (wisely?) decided not to defer undergrad loans...
so... free, dinner, can it really hurt that much?