Saturday, April 21, 2007

Fashion Update

And now, for the spring update, an addendum. I forget whether I've already mentioned metallics being in, I think silver specifically....I've heard conflicting reports on whether silver will dominate gold or vice versa. Yellow is also the new hot color.

The exciting news resides in the shoe department. Apparently, the new hot shoe is the "skimmer". Skimmers are the lovechild of the ballet flat and the tennis shoe. Some lean more toward the tennis shoe side of the family; while others lean towards the ballet flat. Essentially, they are a very minimalist shoe. Probably very comfy. Also, they often have "toe cleavage". Incidentally, who decided "toe cleavage" is a legitimate term? And who decided that "toe cleavage" was sexy? Honestly, I've actually read that it's sexy. Which I find slightly distressing. The shoes, however, I find incredibly fabulous. They are colorful, comfy, and generally fun. And, as we all know, I'm completely on board for additions to my shoe closet.

Now, I rarely have updates for mens' fashion, but that's because I'm not as good at it -- mostly because I date metrosexuals who don't need my help. However, I've heard and observed that the 3rd part of the 3-piece suit is so in. But, it's a fashion accessory. Please refrain from wearing all 3 pieces at once, you'll look like the monopoly guy. Instead, from what I understand, you can wear just the vest and pant combo, or wear the vest with jeans, and other amalgamations. Basically, keep it casual. A word of caution, this is more a euro-style accessory, and therefore should only be worn by men who look good in a european cut. Think Justin Timberlake. (Pause to think about the hotness....*sigh*).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, it looks good on the deacon! :)

pheebee said...

Oh, you are soooooooooo voted off the island for that. lol.