Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy Birthday pheebee's mom!

I was reading an article today, in the local free paper. Apparently, blogs are on the way out. Well, they're generally out already. They were talking about popular bloggers, who were just so over blogging...and these people had hundreds of readers or more. Meanwhile, I have all of, what -- 4 readers? Well, 10 if my mom's co-workers are reading. If those people are falling off the blogosphere, what hope is there for me?

On the other hand, as you all know, I am extremely lazy most times. I'd hate to have to tell every ridiculous story (and random thought in my head) over and over again. And I find blogging generally cathartic -- it's sort of like having a diary, without actually having to admit anything. (HA!)

On a completely unrelated note, I have been having a terribly difficult time this week. First, I attempted to send my mom a birthday card. I bought it early, addressed it, stamped it, and...well, that's it. I completely forgot to mail it. As it turns out, it's a good thing I didn't, because the card that I'd signed "Have a happy birthday, Love, pheebee" was NOT my mother's birthday card. It was the sympathy card that I'd bought for my IM boyf. Sad isn't it? Good thing I discovered it before I actually mailed it. Otherwise, my mom would've gotten a card that said "My prayers are with you" in text; and "Have a Happy Birthday!" in handwriting. Now that would've been bad, wouldn't it?

On top of that, I went to bed one night, with my front door unlocked, and a carton of milk and eggs sitting in the hallway outside after grocery shopping, because I forgot to bring them in. I'm scared to leave my apartment tomorrow -- for fear of what may happen. Yikes. Time to go to bed, and start over (next week).

1 comment:

Katherine. said...

obviously you need sleep.

that said, note my MIA blogger memorial section

finally thank you for blogging -- now go get some SLEEP!