Tuesday, April 04, 2006

City Snob

It took 4 years in IA for me to discover that I am a city girl....or a city snob as some people like to call me. Every once in a while, I need a reminder of why I need to stay far far away from rural areas -- and let me just clarify, rural areas also include suburbia as defined by people in the Chicago metro area.

Today, I was driving about, minding my own business, and I found myself trapped in surburbia. Ok, I wasn't trapped, I was passing through. However, I was in a place whose name began "Village of...". Ugh. It was positively claustrophobic. I even experienced a pretty severe case of road rage. (Why do people in rural areas insist on driving under the speed limit?). There were rolling hills, and fields, and "Main Street." Literally! Main Street was the main street in town. I admit that it was picturesque. But I couldn't wait to see a decent high rise and/or people who would drive the speed limit on a clear sunny day.

The moral of the story, I will not be moving to a place smaller than Milwaukee.

No comments: