Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Nightly Observations

So, last night I went to Flip Night. It was a good time. For those of you that don't know, Flip Night is a drink special at State Street Brats (a registered historical landmark, incidentally). Basically, after you order your drink, if you call the coin toss you get 75% off your drink. Happens every Tuesday night.

Anyway, last night, we went to Flip Night in celebration of black/brown appreciation day. LEO students are taking over the school, and it's very very hot. Brats has even put in a dance floor, and that was very exciting. Here are some things that I observed while having good times @Flip Night:

Pick Up Lines that are Effective (or at least amusing):
1. "What is your name?" "pheebee." "Marry me, pheebee!"
2. "Is it ok that I'm young? I mean, I am graduating."

Pick Up Lines that are NOT Effective (or amusing):
1. "Don't start nothing, won't be nothing" "Hey, I'm not the one who's going to get in trouble." (Said while pointing out a wedding ring). "Well, I'm not from here." Oh of course! Why didn't I think of that. Marriage only counts in your hometown. C'mon!
2. "You're from the M-Dot? Oh, that's the same thing as Madtown." Right, because being 3x bigger isn't going to make a difference. C'mon!!

No comments: