Thursday, May 25, 2006

As if I needed another reason

This week has given me another reason not to move back to my hometown. Don't get me wrong. I do heart the Mil. And frankly, (to quote a particularly articulate friend of mine) it's home, and that's all it ever has to be. (I'm ignoring the insulting remarks made by people who've never been here, such as "if you live in milw, who's going to visit you?" Well, if people are too shallow to come visit me once in a while, and they don't live somewhere fabulous themselves to warrant that fact, then they can kiss my john brown hind parts thankyouverymuch).

Rant aside, I don't want to move back home because I don't know that many people here. I'd have to start building a social network all over again. And that is just a huge all-encompassing chore that I'm not really willing to undertake. At least if you're new in town you can accomplish this task a little bit more easily. But when you have a small group of frirneds, you sort of get stuck in a rut. A rut I am currently experiencing and am none-to-pleased about.

At any rate. I think I'm just bitter because I'm on vacation and in on a bar night. I have absolutely no one else I can call to go out with. People are either sick or just not returning calls or just not going out. Argh. I am ready for that fabulous and exciting life that everyone promised me. 25 is not turning out to be the fantastic year turnaround I'd hoped for. :\

No comments: