Saturday, May 20, 2006

Psuedodate

Remember aforementioned guy, who asked me out, who was meant to be mere entertainment for a little while. Well, he is far more confusing than entertaining. I have had a total of 2 pseudodates with this guy (hence where he obtained his nickname) and 0 actual dates. Let me explain...

Our first meeting was at a coffee shop, where he and I agreed to meet so he could give me the tickets to the party he was throwing. So, we met up, stayed and chatted for about an hour, etc. But this isn't technically a date right? Even though he did invite me to lunch with friends he was meeting up with. But still not a real date.

Second meeting occurs after he completely flaked on the graduation party AND a promise to call me the very next day. (I ended up busting him at a bar, and it was especially hysterical because he actually kept cursing himself for forgetting.) Anyway, so second meeting actually started out as a date. He invited me to his place to cook me dinner. When I call to ask for directions, he informs me that he invited another friend over too. Turning an actual date into a pseudodate.

On top of it all, he's actually not all that exciting. Speaks very highly of himself and is young. So young that he's got a Bacardi banner in his apt. (Eye roll). I was condescending when I pointed it out, I realize. But still, why do you have a Bacardi banner in your apt? Or a flag of a pot leaf in your bedroom while I"m at it. Yargh. I think I may be rid of this guy before June.

No comments: