Friday, July 30, 2010

A Disciplined Manifesto!

A Manifesto

The stresses of the past 3 months have taken a toll on my physical well-being. Which has resulted in a negative impact on my mental well-being. So, as of today, pheebee is making a manifesto!

It all started with the breakup. That led to the standard cycle of skip the gym, eat comfort food, watch tv, start all over. It’s a cycle familiar to women everywhere. Oddly enough, right before the cycle started, I had a loss of appetite. The failure to eat probably led to the lethargy, which is why I started skipping the gym in the first place. I was abruptly pulled out of my breakup blues by the mortgage crisis. When my funding didn’t go through (due to the direct negligence of my mortgage broker), I jumped into survival mode. Which meant, skip the gym, eat sporadically, and panic. Also not the best choice for a healthy lifestyle. Finally, packing and moving, and unpacking, and being homeless led to choices of convenience. I was staying at someone else’s house, therefore it was inconvenient to go to the gym. Then, I was eating mostly on the run, so I didn’t make the healthy choices, I made the tastiest choices. Now, I’m living in the new place, and *sigh* the gym is just so darned far away.

So now, here we are. Chubbier than we used to be – and likely carrying around all the weight previously lost while on weight watchers all that time ago. Enough, is enough. (Although admittedly, I kind of enjoy the weight gain in the booby region. I finally have enough for an ohh la la moment! Yay me!)

Breaking up, funding a mortgage, and moving has disrupted my discipline. (Which, has not only affected my body, but also the cleanliness of the new place). And while I fully acknowledge that for most people, I’m not remotely chubby (wouldn’t even register on the radar. No one hears you when you’re still a size 4). And my house probably isn’t that messy (I was just raised by a neat freak). I’ve decided to rein this in before things get too out of hand. Now is the time to do something about it.

Ahem, insert manifest here!

I will return to the gym, with a vengeance. Even if it means robbing a bank to pay for a personal trainer.

I will return to Weight Watchers. If they did it once, they can do it again.

I will be more disciplined about how I spend my time. My house is unpacked enough that I can begin a regular cleaning schedule. Even if it means cleaning boxes.

I will set strategic goals and benchmarks of achievement, so that I don’t lose sight of what I want.

No comments: