Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nomad Chic

I have been advised, on more than one occasion, not to rush into buying furniture. As my one friend put it “don’t rush into buying stuff just to fill the space. You’re bound to move, and there’s no way to tell whether the things you buy will fit in the space you move to. Better to find stuff you love instead.”

Ok, so this is a valid point. I rushed to fill the space at my last apartment because I had no furniture at all. But this time around, I do have some form of furniture. So, I have no excuse to go out willy-nilly buying furniture.

For me though, the whole place just feels unfinished. It feels like I haven’t fully moved in yet, or fully made it mine. I want to start adding elements that make it me. Fortunately, I haven’t figured out what that means yet, so I guess it hardly matters that I’m not out buying things. No sense going shopping if you haven’t decided on a theme yet. Although, heads up…the theme for the front room is going to be peacock feathers. Everyone who’s excited to see it come to life raise your hand!

No comments: