Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Price of Fashion

I went to Home Depot, and I saw bliss. I saw everything that my closet should be, and more. There were shelves, rods, valet rods, belt racks, drawers, shoe shelves! Everything a fashionista like me could want to appropriately display the fabulousness that is her wardrobe. And it was soooooo much cheaper than California Closets – the platinum standard of all closets. I went home happy.

But then, I whipped out the calculator, and my nightmare began. Because Martha Stewart so slyly sells each component individually, there were a lot of numbers to add up. Plus, I would prefer to have all matching hangers, which is another expense (although I did just find some on clearance for $29.95 for 50 plus 15% off). Plus, I have to pay my professional organizer friend to put it all up. And that’s when the dark clouds began to form.

Despite all this expense (and the overall feeling that I’m just bleeding money right now), I really really want a nice closet. It was going to be the best part about owning this particular condo. I was going to trick out the closet like the fashion diva that I am. And doggone it, why can’t I?! Oh right. Because I don’t have fashion diva money. When I started this process, I decided the closet was a priority. I guess I will just have to suck up the sticker shock, and go ahead and start shelling out some cash. *sigh*. Donations will be accepted beginning immediately :).

No comments: