Monday, July 26, 2010

Soft Launch

This weekend I held a soft launch at the Manor. I figured, if a swanky resto can have a pre-official opening party, then why shouldn't I?! Since my dad was making massive amounts of bbq, I decided that this weekend would be the perfect time to host that party. (As a side note, did I ever mention that my dad is an awesome grillmaster? Because he is. Just sayin').

Anyway, I decided to host this Saturday party on Wednesday. This is very very bad for someone who suffers from party panic. By Thursday, I was ready to cancel because I didn't have enough time to properly plan for the party. I didn't have time to plan the menu, map out the space, properly consider the guest list. It felt very much thrown together, which is not really conducive to throwing the best party ever. NOT! Despite my panic (and likely thanks to good friends talking me off a ledge), the party went off without incident. I was really impressed with the guy/girl ratio...although the guys were mostly part of a couple. I had been aiming for a better mix of singles and couples, but the guy singles all bailed on me. (Jerks!). I did do a fine job of having a diverse crowd -- age, race, career. It felt good knowing that I had a wide variety of friends, AND they all got along really well.

All in all, I'd say it was my first adult party, and it went pretty well. Now, to set the grand opening. I'm thinking about a year from now? :)

No comments: