Thursday, July 15, 2010

One Man Short

There’s something to be said about having a man around the house. As I begin mapping out the things that need to be done in my place, some of them require the height or the brawn of a man. Now, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and start revoking our independence or taking back the sexual revolution or anything. But, seriously, there are some things that just require a man.

For example, I have tall ceilings. Connected to those are walls which need to be painted. I’m only 5’2” (on a good day). Even on my newly purchased 3-step ladder, I’m not going to reach anywhere near the top of the painting surface. So who, may I ask, is going to handle that? And let’s talk about the soon to be beautiful closet. In order to install it, someone’s going to have to hold the top shelf and brackets against the wall. Those suckers are heavy! Cue music for my own personal superman here.

Ah well, such is the life of a (short) female homeowner.

No comments: