Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Big Girl Pant....

As you all know, I love a lot of things, none of them are what I do for a living. But, until such time I'm able to make money off of watching football and shopping for myself and friends, I'll just have to fulfill my dreams in my blog rantings. Today, I'm going to use my love of fashion as the basis for my post. I draw your attention to the picture below:


You know what this is a picture of? It's a picture of a fashion travesty. Before you even say it, no, I am not hatin' on her Daisy Dukes. (Ok, yes I am). Admittedly, I am jealous. I wish I had legs for days that did not create an uncomfortable rise of the inseam into my nether regions thanks to the chub rub* that is the meeting of my thighs. So, while I am totally hatin' on her for her figure, I'd like to take that figure and smack the owner around for making such terrible fashion choices.

Starting from the top...why the hell is she wearing her older brother's button down? It's sloppy, it's huge, and it's just generally a wrong choice. Even when it was stylish circa 1986, it was to be worn with skinny jeans or leggings. Not short shorts which would disappear under the curtain of cotton. Ridiculous.

Perhaps most egregiously, however, are the shoes. I couldn't get a good shot of them, but they're pretty nice booties. They're a tan color, suede, with a nice stiletto. Maybe you didn't see that the first time. Rewind. Zwwrrr. They're suede booties. It was 145 degrees outside when I took this picture. It wasn't early spring (aka late winter in Chicago); it wasn't fall; and it wasn't winter. It was freaking summertime! Why is she wearing hot to trot booties when it's too damn hot to trot? And to have the nerve to wear them with dukes? AND her brother's button down? FAIL. Sweetheart? Consider this your first citation. Try to do better. Best regards, the Fashion Police.


*Shout out to kae.dea for that particular turn of phrase.

No comments: