Monday, August 01, 2011

You entitled little...!*#$=^

In May, SiQ let me try on her new sunglasses. They're polarized and they're fabulous. I put them on while in Vegas, and they changed my life. There are times when no matter the tint, the sunglasses still aren't enough to block out the brightness that is the sun. And given my general opposition to wrinkles, I try to avoid squinting. Polarized lenses are a great weapon in the fight against crows' feet.

Anyway, I began my search for a new pair of sunglasses a few weeks ago at the outlet mall. And you know what I discovered? Polarized sunglasses are freakin' expensive. For a girl who usually purchases sunglasses on sale at the likes of Kohls' and Ann Taylor Loft, making the leap to triple digit prices was more than a little sticker shock. The prices were so unexpected that I'm pretty sure I suffered from PTSD just from looking at the price tags. But, I would press on -- given the inevitable hole in the ozone layer + global warming + every other planetary problem, it's only a matter of time before leaving the house without polarized lenses will lead to an instant combustion of eyeballs.

Given my talent for shopping, I eventually found a pair of sunglasses that were polarized and on sale:
They also didn't break the bank.

I ALSO found a pair that were to die for. Totally squee worthy:

But alas, to get both cost an arm and a leg. Frankly, the squee-worthy pair cost an arm by themselves. So, they would ultimately remain at the store.

Anyway, I found myself back there today to pick up the cheaper pair (at the top). While I was there, I found another pair (cheaper than the to die for ones, but still pretty neat.)

While I was shopping today, the sales associate was a cute little guy. He had a baby face (he was 26); and clearly bored as I was the only person in the store. He spent most of the time that I was in the store flirting, and dropping silly compliments. (Are you really 30?! Really?!!? Are you screwing with me? You only look like you're in your mid-20s). Ok, not that I have a problem with light compliments or a little flirting -- it was all in good fun! But I wasn't really that into him. What I was hoping for was a discount after all of the "witty" banter.

You know what I got after all of that? I got a young guy asking for my phone number. And, I paid the same price for the glasses any other shopper would have paid. Which, I guess is ok. But where the eff is my discount?! Can a girl get 10% off? (Y'all know I asked!!)

Anyway, a moment of self-realization occurred after I left the store. I realized I was one entitled b*tch when I sent the followin text message: "Also? If one more sales associate flirts with me w/o giving me a disc, I'm going off"

Meh. To know me is to love me :D

So, what say you, readers? Which pair of sunglasses should I get?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Francine. Well I would like to tell you I like the 1st and 3rd styles the best on you. the 1st ones seemed a little wide. if you are getting a rx in them you might want to go with the 3rd ones. they fit your face better. if you don't mimd me asking where did you go? and how much are they asking?