Thursday, July 28, 2011

All hail the V

Have you seen those new commercials for Summer's Eve: "All Hail the V!!!"? The whole premise of the commercial is showing men doing great feats for the affections of women. First, I'd like to commend Summer's Eve for using several different multicultural references and using men and women of all ethnicities. Second, I'd like to say the following: *clears throat* PAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok, part of the reason I like this commercial so much is because it's hilarious. (See video below.)* The other reason is that I find it thought provoking. Not deep philosophical thought provoking. But shallow, interesting provoking. Things that make you go hmmm, if you will. Here's what I'm wondering. This commercial implies that men are ready to do all sorts of things: go into battle, by land or sea; joust to the death, sword fight, you name it a man will do it, all for the affections of a woman. While I don't doubt that women are beautiful enough, and the "V" sweet enough to make these things happen -- what I wonder is, who the eff are the men that are doing these things?!! The modern man is hardly willing to open doors, pull out chairs, and buy a cocktail for women (they don't know). Where, exactly, are they challenging the local douchebag (pun intended) to a duel?

Ok, obviously, the modern day equivalent to these things are other perks that women get. For example, getting into clubs for free, never paying for dinner, talking their way out of tickets, the list goes on and on. Many of the women I know have rarely, if ever, experienced these things (particularly if we're talking about on any sort of regular basis). Is it that only the extraordinarily beautiful women are getting these perks? And, by the way, what women qualify as extraordinarily beautiful? As we've previously discussed, it's not the uber-skinny. So who is it? I think we can all agree that there's just a certain "something" that the women have. My 2 cents? It's having the confidence -- and the audacity -- to ask for it. Sometimes, it's just about going for it. So, from now on, let's just go for it!

P.S. I'm totally convinced that this works for the extraordinary male, too. Think about it. You definitely know a guy who has women falling over themselves to do things for him: buy drinks, cook dinner, do laundry, etc. Care to test my theory?

*Yes kae.dae. I'm embedding a video. Again. And you'll like it.


No comments: